Launched in 2020, the Sharon-Cutwell Process Development Center (PDC) is our internally developed R&D center focused on driving tool innovation and process improvements – both for our clients and our own internal tool development.
We created the PDC after noticing there was a largely an unmet need out there to solve these types of problems and create product bring advancements in a non-production environment.
Fully staffed with dedicated personnel, the PDC features the latest machining, measurement and analysis equipment, including:
- Two dedicated machining centers – MQL (minimum quantity lubrication) and HPC (high-pressure coolant)
- Pro-Micron Spike Unit for force measurements and analysis
- Alicona – advanced inspection & wear analysis
- High-speed video – Process visualization
- Additional inspection equipment
With these tools, we drive innovation and process improvements into our customers applications and their processes and help to solve the more challenging hole-making and machining problems that we find in industry.