While the tooling solutions we create are used around the world, they are created and tested at Sharon Cutwell’s home turf in Wisconsin. As we’ve done numerous times before, the technology and solution leaders of Sharon-Cutwell recently spent over a month visiting key technology centers in France, Germany and the UK, and presenting the latest aerospace drilling solutions to some of the most advance aerospace companies in Europe.
In a trip that included many customer visits and a showcasing of our aerospace drilling leadership at the Paris Air Show, Cutwell Owner Jeff Prom and Director of Technology and Innovation Scott Prom were able to deepen our growing European relationships and net numerous new opportunities. Here’s what they did on their European adventure.
Paris Air Show:
Sharon-Cutwell had a booth and exhibited at this year’s Paris Air Show – the world’s largest Aerospace and Defense trade show. It’s where all the latest advancements in Commercial, Defense, Military and Space are on full display. We were able to have many high-level conversations with executives and decision makers for current and potential customers, including:
- Leaders of the F-35 program: We were visited by high level execs from the F-35 program. They were told internally, “you have to check out Sharon-Cutwell.” They were looking for ways to cut costs and increases production on the program and believe Sharon-Cutwell can help them.
- Met with an Indian company making 2,000 drones per year that are used to take payload off freighter ships. They can carry 500 lbs. of cargo. Because of obvious weight factors, they use a lot of composites and are looking to Sharon-Cutwell for better ways to drill holes.
- While at the show we worked closely with our growing manufacturers rep network on the European continent. Working as a seamless team we found many new opportunities to bring Sharon-Cutwell’s proven hole drilling expertise to a European aerospace and defense industry in need of solutions.
Following the Paris Air Show, Jeff Prom, President and Chief Technical Officer, traveled to the United Kingdon where he had seven visits with Aerospace Technology centers & companies over four days. The UK is a world aerospace powerhouse, and we were well received every place we went. Here are a few highlights:
- Explored ways to help UK defense contractors as they rapidly develop key advanced solutions to keep our world safe in the wake of our current aggressive world environment.
- Working closely with advanced machine-builders, we are partnering to bring the latest in advanced drilling solutions to our common customers. It is truly a win/win partnership where we can help make their equipment work better – and together we grow our customer base.
So, what’s next for Sharon Cutwell? Well, it’s back to work here in Belgium, Wisconsin! While it’s nice to visit Europe’s Aerospace community, our high-tech cutting tool solutions are what the world needs to take the Aerospace industry to new heights, and the hard work is done in the corn fields of Wisconsin.